Friday, April 29, 2011

An Unhappy Morning

Matt and I decided to make the extra effort to get up, get ready and go to church this morning for Palm Sunday. While this service is generally an upsetting service I find it is one of my more favourite services to go to, especially when you follow it up with Easter Sunday the next week. The service starts off where everyone gets a palm leaf and we sing, walking around the church to our seats rather than the ordinary go sit down before it starts. The end of the service does not end in song the way it usually does but ends in darkness and quiet. For anyone who does not know, on Palm Sunday we discuss the last supper and how Jesus died.

WELL.... we never made it to the time of darkness and quiet. Just as communion was to start a woman two rows in front of us stopped breathing. Another member of the church wound up doing CPR on her and got her breathing again, while others crowed around her and someone called the ambulance.

Now I have been thinking about this poor woman all day while I wait for a friend of mine to be able to tell me if she is alright or if she knows what happened to cause this. I don't even know this woman but I can't stop thinking about her. :(

I guess you just never really know when your time will be.



Post written April 5, 2009 from previous blog

No comments:

Post a Comment