Friday, April 29, 2011

The Hunt For Daycare

For the last two weeks I have been on the hunt for a daycare for Ella when I go back to work. I already have two appointments to meet people. Today I went to the town office and picked up a list of daycare providers. There's 25 providers on this list! I think I'm going to have my work cut out for me tonight.

Last week I was looking on Kijiji for a daycare provider. I found a couple and sent out some emails. It's hard to know the best time of day to call a daycare?! Though I think that after supper is not bad. Well I emailed this one woman and waited two days. On Saturday I decided to give her a call. When I spoke to her she said "Oh, I'm actually not going to be doing that anymore. I didn't get any responses and I needed to know right away." Her add was only three days old! I know that it was the first add that she has posted because I have been looking for a couple of months. I thought " Well, if she changes her mind that quick I really wouldn't want my daughter to be going there!"

I'll post again to tell how it goes :)

Edit:  Well we now have three appointments set up. They will all be finished by the end of next Monday and we will see how they go.


Post written Feb 9 2009 moved from previous blog

No comments:

Post a Comment