Friday, April 29, 2011

Around This Time Last Year

It was around this time last year that I found out I was going to be a mom! Oh was I scared! My whole life flashed before my eyes. I had been planning on going back to school, how would that happen now? What would Matt think about me having a baby? We hadn't even been together a year yet and had only been living together for two months. Nerves set in. In total with the doctor test I had taken 4 pregnancy tests! I didn't think that he would be the kind of guy that would just leave if his girlfriend was pregnant. We had talked about getting married and having children. How many each of us wanted and when we planned on having them. The day I took that test our whole world turned upside down. I wouldn't have it any other way. I now care for this beautiful little girl who looks up at me and smiles everyday. I get to teach her and help her grow. That day I learned that things don't always happen the way that you plan them, but that doesn't mean that they are going to be any less special, or important. Everyday she teaches us something about ourselves. Something that we never knew was there before. Ella really is the best thing that could ever have happened to us; we wouldn't trade her for the world.

Post written November 21, 2008 moved from previous blog

No comments:

Post a Comment