Monday, May 2, 2011

New Years Resolutions

As cliche as this is.... lose weight. I have about thirty pounds to lose after having Dillan (already lost 21!) I have signed up for a Zumba class for January and Matt  just bought a new exercise bike so I really want to work with those things and shed the weight. Eating better is a huge part of it. Making better meals for my family on a consistent basis. Eating out should be a treat and not an alternate. Don't get me wrong, we do try to eat well and I make sure to feed Ella lots of fruit and veggies but there is still room for improvement.

Building better relationships with those in my community. This is something that I started doing in 2010 and would like to see progress in 2011.

Saving money and paying down debt is a goal for our family this year. I'm really hoping that we can open school funds for both kids.

This will be in the later half of the year, but I am finally going to open my dayhome! I am really hoping that will be successful for us and finally be doing something that I know I enjoy and am good at. I have been waiting years for this. I knew that I wanted to be done having kids before opening. I really didn't want to open up and and then close on parents because I was having another baby.

Getting into a routine with the kids. I know that this is going to happen once things start up again. I have Ella registered in Dance class again starting this January and play group will start again. Having those as part of our routine was really good for us before, now we just get to add Dillan to it :)

I also want more of a cleaning routine. Not so much cleaning certain rooms on certain days, but more so maintaining a clean house. I think I need to go back to the Clutter Control Club emails and re-do those and then work hard at maintaining the house and laundry from there. It doesn't seem easy right now as both kids are wanting/demanding so much attention so I'm trying to focus on them first. Hopefully this is something that will get easier!

Continue blogging I have really been enjoying it! I have always liked writing and really haven't done much of that since highschool/university and it feels good to write again. I just love when people leave me comments. I feel like what I have to say is valid.


Post written December 31 2010  moved from previous blog

1 comment:

  1. I realize this is an old post, but I just read it now :) How did the cleaning go? (Almost a year later...) I have a schedule, and every day has one to four things on it, depending on what else I have to do those days... but everything is on the schedule a bit more often than is really necessary, so if I happen to skip a day or two, I catch it the next time. That way, I only focus on what is on the schedule for that day, instead of trying to 'catch up' all the time... works for me! Usually, anyway...

    ReplyDelete