Monday, May 2, 2011

Monkey Doodlez Swim Diaper Review


It is getting to that time of year where everyone is starting to think about warm weather activities. While it is still too cold to go and swim outside people are beginning to get prepared for their summer vacations and often that means making sure that their children have all of the appropriate swimming gear.

When Ella was small we took her swimming for the first time around 6 months. Remembering back to that time I honestly had no idea that a cloth swim diaper even existed, keeping in mind that she was completely diapered in disposables. We went out and bought her a bathing suit and some Huggies Little Swimmers, and never thought a thing of it.

This time around, wanting to remain green, I began to do some research on cloth swim diapers, and then my opportunity came around to try Monkey Doodlez. First off my favourite part about the cloth swim diapers is all of the different patterns you can get. Here we were killing two birds with one stone. I don’t have to buy swim diapers and a swim suit because the diapers are really fashionable. Monkey Doodlez has a wide variety of patterns for boys and girls and they come in a variety of sizes.

The first time we used this swim diaper was also the first time we took Dillan swimming so it was quite the memorable experience.  I got him dressed in his swim wear and then handed him to my husband so that I could get dressed. The next thing I know Matt is hollering at me that Dillan is peeing all over him. Lesson learned; keep a towel on him because cloth swim wear doesn’t keep the pee in the diaper. At first I was a bit put off by this but it seems that it’s not just Monkey Doodlez swim diapers that are like this but all cloth swim wear.  What is important is that if your baby does happen to have a bowel movement that will be staying in the diaper.
I found that the diaper fit Dillan nice and snug around the waist and legs, while remaining comfortable for him. That being said, I have a chubby baby. At only four months old he is 17lbs. This may be an issue for a slimmer baby.
Personally I wish there was a way to open the swim diaper. Because the diaper slides on and off like underpants I would think that it would be difficult to take off the baby if they did happen to have a bowel movement while wearing the diaper. If the swim diaper was made with an aplix or snap closure that would prevent this from being an issue and also help with sizing on a slimmer baby. This might not be an issue for a lot of people; my little guy is a poop machine. I think that this swim diaper is great if your little one is in the potty training stage because it is not going to seem like they are wearing a diaper but you are still going to get the benefits of using a swim diaper.

Overall I do like the swim diaper, and out of the few times we have taken him swimming it hasn’t caused us any issues.  I think Monkey Doodlez has done a great job with this product yet again!

Want to get your own Monkey Doodlez swim diaper? Check them out HERE and use the code Canadian15 for 15% off! Valid for the next 14 days :)

***I just wanted to add that Monkey Doodlez does have new snap swim diapers coming soon!!


Post written April 18 2011 moved from previous blog

No comments:

Post a Comment